Lead partner: IFP Energy Nouvelles
- Prove the potential of the connectivity to further reduce the fuel consumption in real driving condition, exploiting the eco-routing, eco-driving, energy and thermal management strategies;
- Prove the engine efficiency potential by thermal insulation to contribute to reach 50% brake thermal efficiency;
- Provide pathways how highly efficient renewable fuels (from production and combustion side) can be used in existing fleets using also retrofit solutions;
- To develop after-treatment systems for the reduction of regulated and unregulated emissions from power-trains operated on bio-methane and Diesel/ Dual-Fuel engines which are integrated into hybrid power-trains. This includes new catalysts, models and layout of complete EAS for two demonstrators;
- Definition of the targets to perform the validation, verification and independent assessment.
2. KPIs and monitoring plan [IDIADA – Aug 2020]
A report explaining the methodology to evaluate the baseline and the demonstrator vehicles. This method will be used to set the improvement targets with the baseline vehicles/engines and to assess if they are achieved with demonstrator vehicles/engines.
3. Generic eco-routing strategy and range estimation algorithm [IFPEN – Jan 2021]
Report on the development of the general eco-routing and range estimation algorithms to be calibrated for each single application.
4. Generic eco-driving strategy [IFPEN – Jul 2021]
Report on the development of the general eco-driving algorithm to be calibrated for each single application.
5. Assessment of the Dual Fuel (liq/liq) combustion [FEV – Jul 2021]
Report on testing results of Single-Cylinder-Engine investigation with different liquid/liquid dual fuel approaches.
6. Characteristics and specifications of EAS for stoichiometric gas combustion concept with bio-methane (TWC) [AVL – Dec 2021]
Description and specifications of EAS for stoichiometric gas engine – light off, stoichiometric window, ageing, model calibration and projections.
7. Characteristics and specifications of EAS for engines operated with Diesel fuel and Diesel and renewable fuels in Dual-Fuel operation [AVL – Dec 2021]
Description and specifications of EAS for engine operated with Diesel and Dual-Fuel (Diesel & renewable) – advanced catalysts, concept definition, system architecture, ageing, model calibration, projections.
8. Assessment of future alternative liquid fuels for an optimised CI combustion [FEV – Jan 2022]
Report on testing results of Single-Cylinder-Engine investigation with dedicated liquid fuels for an optimized emission and fuel efficiency.
9. Assessment of thermal insulation [FEV – Jan 2022]
Report on the performance of the investigated variants of thermal insulation towards reduction of heat losses and increase of thermal efficiency.
10. Assessment of direct injection Hydrogen Spark Ignited Combustion [FEV – Jul 2022]
Report on the Single-Cylinder-Engine investigation towards the potential of the combustion of H2 regarding efficiency and emissions.
11. Evaluation of advanced eco-routing and eco-driving based on the developed generic strategies [IFPEN – Jul 2022]
Document describing the simulation tests conducted to validate the general eco-routing and eco-driving algorithms in view of their implementation, and their results.
12. EAS Model development [CHALMERS – Dec 2022]
In this report Chalmers will provide a kinetic model for passive NOx adsorbers, including the effect of catalyst composition, catalyst aging and regeneration. The model will be based on detailed experimental investigations, combining activity data with catalyst characterization.
13. Modelling of exhaust after-treatment system for HD Diesel engine in hybrid electric powertrain [AVL – Dec 2022]
Description and characteristics of after-treatment system with integrated PNA (advanced modelling approaches) and provision of model for simulation and optimization of hybrid power-train.
14. Generic connected multi-level energy and thermal strategy [VUB – Feb 2023]
This deliverable is a report on the development multi-level energy and thermal strategies. This report gives a generic description of the required interfaces of energy management strategies that will be used in this project.
15. Final KPIs & assessment report [IDIADA – Apr 2023]
Report with the test and simulation results of the baseline and the demonstrator vehicles/engines. The improvements obtained and potential side effects will be objectively quantified.
16. Final roadmap CO2 emission reduction [IFPEN – Jun 2023]
Report on the assessment of all the different studied technologies for the CO2 reduction, presented as technological road-map allowing the targeted CO2 reduction.
17. Final roadmap thermal efficiency pathways [FEV – Jun 2023]
A report that summarizes the most effective measures and their combination for highest thermal efficiency.
18. Final roadmap emission reduction [AVL – Jun 2023]
Final report of use case cluster 3 – emissions reduction. Summary and conclusions from the five use cases of this cluster, fundamentals and performance characteristics of two full-size after-treatment systems.
19. Final roadmap electrification [IDIADA – Jun 2023]
Report with the assessment of each of technologies applied to electrify long haul trucks/coaches.