The Advisory Board has been established comprising key representatives from authorities, policymakers, long haulage operators and industry, to advise and help guide the process of defining the recommendations for implementation of the innovations and use cases, developed within the LONGRUN project: with the expertise, professional knowledge and bird’s eye view, the members of the Advisory Board will play an important part in contributing to the success of the LONGRUN project, helping to provide full commitment to the recommendations developed.
The purpose of this group is to increase the probability of wide market acceptance of the developed and evaluated use cases and with that a better market penetration. One of the main goals of the project is to develop various “roadmaps” for authorities, NGOs and transport & logistics & fuels industry.
Advisory Board members:
- DNV GL – Safeguarding life, property and the environment
- EARPA – EARPA is the association of automotive R&D organisations
- EUCAR – European council for automotive R&D
- ESC – The European Shippers’ Council is a non-profit European organisation representing cargo owners i.e. freight transport interests of around 100.000 companies throughout Europe, whether manufacturers, retailers, wholesalers (import and export, intercontinental)
- Instituto Motori – Institute for research on engines
- NGVA – The Natural & bio Gas Vehicle Association (NGVA Europe) is the European association that promotes the use of natural and renewable gas as a transport fuel
- Politechnico Milano – Politecnico di Milano is the largest technical university in Italy, which offers only study programmes in Engineering and Architecture
- SCANIA – Scania is a global company with sales of trucks, buses, engines & services in more than 100 countries
- University of Brighton – The University of Brighton has a long history of automotive research delivered principally by the Centre for Automotive Engineering (CAE) and the Vetronics Research Centre (VRC)
- Van Hool – Van Hool is an independent Belgian bus, coach and industrial vehicle manufacturer. Van Hool is passionate about people and transport and is driven by technical innovation.
Presentations of results during the first meeting with the Advisory Board can be found on the results pages.