1. SCE adaption to DAF HD application [FEV – Apr 2021]
DAF HD engine power unit and periphery is succesfully adapted, installed and comissioned on FEV Single-CylinderEngine base unit -> Public Summary
2. Turbocharger development (open-loop efficiency) incl. simulations [GARRET MOTION – Jul 2022]
Report on the development of a turbocharger system, including turbocharging system layout; information on the GT-Power model of the turbo, the integration of this model into DAF engine GT-Power model, the matching of the aerodynamics of the Garrett E-Turbo to the DAF engine in GT-Power, the alignment of the interfaces with the DAF engine, the building and gas stand test first prototype Turbo, and engineering support for engine dyno testing -> Public Summary
3. Demonstrator vehicle with high efficiency engine including commissioning report [DAF – Apr 2023]
Report on the DAF Demo Vehicle, including info on the homologation according to the EURO VI regulation (for this on road measurements (PEMS) will be performed as well as a functional safety evaluation) -> Public Summary
4. SCE development (thermal efficiency) incl. simulations [FEV – Dec 2022]
Report on testing results of Single-Cylinder-Engine with DAF HD application and related simulations of D5.6 towards the different technologies for increased brake thermal efficiency -> Public Summary
5. Emission test on engine test bed for the modified engine and aftertreatment system [DAF]
The engine will be tested with components that contribute for highest engine efficiency and settings optimised for maximum efficiency. Also a calibration will be made (together with the aftertreatment system) to meet Euro VI emission standard. This will be documented in a report.
6. Simulation total BTE efficiency improvement and emissions [RWTH – Aug 2023]
Report on simulation results of DAF HD application towards the selected technologies for increased brake thermal efficiency -> Public Summary
7. Vehicle demonstration and validation results [DAF]
The vehicle will be demonstrated in real driving condition by haulier Primafrio in their daily operation. During the testing period log will be made for fuel efficiency of the vehicle on different routes. This will be documented in a report.