Lead partner: VDL
- >10% energy saving versus reference vehicle VDL Bus &Coach Futura FHD2- MY 2018 – EURO6 demonstrated in new to develop ZEUZ hybrid Coach demonstrator;
- Realise Zero emission capability / Electric charging for a long-distance Hybrid Coach (PHEV) in cities;
- Optimisation of energy/ hybrid mode management by using model based Long Range Provider, dynamic traffic information – and battery model;
- Recommendations future VECTO versions related to smart controls for hybrid coaches.
1. Specifications and characteristics of the implemented solutions [VDL – Jun 2020]
Specification sheet of the demo hybrid Coach and EURO6 reference vehicle . Definition of the needed functionalities for ZEUZ driving and eco routing the related modelling architecture and needed hard ware clusters to achieve set goal and specified hybrid modes. -> Public Summary
2. Overview of the systems and components design [VDL – Jun 2022]
Overview of final vehicle lay out, E-architecture and hardware; location of the components;new HMI interface ; Eauxillaries, HV system/batteries; vehicle mass distribution related to seat & luggage capacity of the coach; connectivity and diagnostic functionality.
3. Report on the hybrid prototype coach [VDL – Aug 2022]
Report and delivery of the specified Demo hybrid Coach including on road VDL testplan, predictive modelling, data monitoring/collection overview, driver documentation, new controls & HMI.
4. Final Feedback to VECTO report from hybrid coach [VDL – Feb 2023]
Intermediate report / results/ impact from VDL on road testing of ZUEZ Hybrid and baseline EURO6 vehicle in relation to Vectotool protocol verifications/simulations.
5. Report vehicle testing and validation [VDL – Jun 2023]
Final report including the results of independent functional vehicle performance testing by IDIADA; key innovation impact overview; reporting vehicle efficiency improvements; gained emission and CO2 reductions; business model and TCO consequences validated against the baseline EURO6 vehicle.